- Informs the customer that you have finished your investigation
- Accepts responsibility for the reasons causing the complaint
- Explains to the customer how you are going to conclude the complaint satisfactorily
- If necessary, what compensation will be paid to the customer
- Breaks the complaint down to problems and solutions
- There is a template for each stage of the complaint handling process
- Advertises to the customer that your company has a complaints procedure
- Ensures you are effective with dealing with customer issues
- Provides a simple professional template to handle customer complaints
- Shows your larger clients that you run an efficient company
Who would use it?
- Small Business Owners
- Line Managers
- Call Centre Managers
- Customer Relations Staff
What is it?
The 'Complaint Closure Letter (Accepting)’ is a customer communication correspondence from the company.
When would you use it?
You would use the 'Complaint Closure Letter (Accepting)’ whenever you are wishing to conclude a complaint after investigation and accept the company is responsible for causing the issue/s.
Why would you use it?
You would use the 'Complaint Closure Letter (Accepting)’ to ensure that the customer is aware that the company has taken responsibility for the issues causing the complaint. This method also protects the company from further criticism if complaints are handled incorrectly after the original issue was brought to their attention. This may be particularly useful if the complaint escalates to a small claims court, Gas Safe or the Citizens Advice Bureau etc.
For people who are generally organised, this is standard within their operation. Once a complaint has been brought to their attention, it should be handled with great care as it opens the company up to major criticism if further issues develop from poor complaint handling. This will be seen in a poor light if the company is investigated by a third party but doesn't have an internal system for dealing with problems they may have created.
Non Members: £1.99 Silver Members: £1.99 Gold Members: Free