- Provides an easy to use template to populate with QC visit data whether 'Post Complete' or 'Work in Progress'
- Ensures the engineers are checked against all the main categories of work they carry out
- Section for underpinning knowledge questions (UPK) to be used when a task cannot be observed
- Coaching feedback section on reverse of the assessment form to record if any skills were coached at the time of the visit
- The form can be used as part of a complaint or incident if required
- The form criteria is heavily weighted toward basic checks that create issues for the client and company if they are not carried out
- There is a Landlord section for feedback to social housing clients
Who would use it?
- Quality Control Officer
- Lead Engineer
- Project Manager
- Training Manager
What is it?
The 'Service and Repair QC Form' is an Excel document.
When would you use it?
You would use the 'Service and Repair QC Form' as part of a quality assurance annual plan.
Why would you use it?
You would use the 'Service and Repair QC Form' to ensure your assessors follow a recognised format where the data can then be easily trended to highlight failure items. From these assessments the company can split the results by manager, engineer, work discipline and by individual task to ascertain what areas need to be considered for improvement through training or coaching. This ensures the best possible mechanism toward a safe management of your customer's appliances and premises.
This particular template is in a basic format to ensure staff in your company can easily adapt, add or change items or questions. Many company's do not operate the recommended 10% (of all work) quality control system and are always one poor job away from an HSE or Gas Safe visit! Using these forms encourage assessors to complete jobs either pre-planned or when they visit operatives to make the best use of their time.
Please be aware that to purchase and use this template you must be 'Gas Safe' registered.
Non Members: £24.99 Members: Free