- Gives a final written notification to the employee that the procedure has now escalated
- Documents further each occurrence the employee has been missing
- Ensures you are in control of running the company
- Makes the employee aware that the behaviour is still not acceptable
- Protects the company
- Shows your larger clients that you run an efficient company
- Ensures that without immediate improvement by the employee you are within your rights to take further action which may lead to dismissal
- Sends a message that it is not acceptable to continually not turn up for work without any communication
Who would use it?
- Line Managers
- Human Resources Representatives
What is it?
The 'Absence Warning Letter 3’ is an employee communication from the company.
When would you use it?
You would use the 'Absence Warning Letter 3’ where employee absence continues and the required improvement has not occurred.
Why would you use it?
You would use the 'Absence Warning Letter 3’ to ensure that the situation comes to a conclusion as the improvement required has not occurred. If an immediate improvement does not occur then the company will follow the disciplinary procedures.
The form is fairly standard practice nowadays in the ‘Gas’ industry. Unfortunately this type of absence is happening more and more often; this is the mechanism usually required to protect the company and it's customer's from letting them down. This type of behaviour is particularly evident on the repairs side of the business in the winter where there are jobs left towards the end of the day but the engineer goes missing prior to the contracted finish time.
Non Members: £1.99 Members: Free