- Gives a written notification to the employee that the procedure is continuing
- Documents further each occurrence the employee has been missing
- Ensures you are in control of running the company
- Makes the employee aware that the behaviour is still not acceptable
- Protects the company
- Shows your larger clients that you run an efficient company
- Ensures that without an improvement by the employee you are within your rights to take further action
- Sends a message that it is not acceptable to continually not turn up for work without any communication
Who would use it?
- Line Managers
- Human Resources Representatives
What is it?
The 'Absence Warning Letter 2’ is an employee communication from the company.
When would you use it?
You would use the 'Absence Warning Letter 2’ whenever an employee is again missing from work within the contracted start and finish times i.e. goes home early.
Why would you use it?
You would use the 'Absence Warning Letter 2’ to protect the company from future occurrences of this type of behaviour. It continues a process to ensure that the situation does not occur again and if it does you will automatically follow the disciplinary procedures if you don't on this occasion.
The form is fairly standard practice nowadays in the ‘Gas’ industry. Unfortunately this type of absence is happening more and more often; this is the mechanism usually required to protect the company and it's customer's from letting them down. This type of behaviour is particularly evident on the repairs side of the business in the winter where there are jobs left towards the end of the day but the engineer goes missing prior to the contracted finish time.
Non Members: £1.99 Members: Free