- Gives written notification to the employee that a procedure has started
- Outlines in the letter why there is a need for a formal meeting
- Prepares the employee as to a possible 'Final written warning' for sickness absence
- Helps guide you through each stage of the process in case matters escalate
- Stops you having to construct absence management letters when you are busy
- Ensures you are in control of running the company
- Makes the employee aware that multiple short term absence is not acceptable
- Shows your larger clients that you run an efficient company
- Ensures that without an improvement by the employee you are within your rights to take further action
Who would use it?
- Line Managers
- Small Company Owners
- Human Resources Representatives
What is it?
The 'Stage 3 Invite Letter’ is an employee communication sent from the company.
When would you use it?
You would use the 'Stage 3 Invite Letter’ to inform the employee that they must attend an 'Absence Management Meeting' to review their sickness absence performance.
Why would you use it?
You would use the 'Stage 3 Invite Letter’ to ensure that you manage any potential escalation of the employee's sickness absence record in a recognised format and document each step of the process in case of tribunal or appeal.
Many company's don't operate a structured approach to the 'Absence Management' process and hence apply a 'Hire and Fire' type arrangement that opens them up to legal implications due to an unfair application of the process. Contrary to belief, business owners cannot make the rules up as they go along as they also are accountable to outside bodies. By following a recognised procedure and recording each step of the process each company should possess sufficient documentation to support it's actions if they experience intervention by tribunal or otherwise.
Non Members: £2.49 Members: Free