- Ensures the employee is responsible to report his / her sickness absence in writing
- Prompts the employee to answer specific data enabling the company to manage the procedure effectively
- Helps you through each stage of the process if matters escalate
- Stops you having to construct documents as absence occurs, especially when you are busy you can just print off a form
- Ensures you are in control of running the company
- Makes the employee aware that sickness absence costs money and the company does manage it's expectation of what is reasonable
- Shows your larger clients that you run an efficient company
- Ensures that without an improvement by the employee you are within your rights to take further action
- Sends a message that everyone in the company is accountable to the absence management procedure
Who would use it?
- Line Managers
- Small Company Owners
- Human Resources Representatives
What is it?
The 'Self Certification Form’ is an employee communication to the company.
When would you use it?
The 'Self Certification Form’ is used by the employee to notify the company of the details of their sickness absence.
Why would you use it?
You would use the 'Self Certification Form’ to ensure that you manage the sickness absence procedure on every occassion of sickness absence.
Many company's don't operate a structured approach to the absence management process and hence apply a 'Hire and Fire' type arrangement when required; this opens them up to legal implications due to an unfair application of the process. Contrary to belief, business owners cannot make the rules up as they go along as they also are accountable to outside bodies. By following a recognised procedure and recording each step of the process each company should possess sufficient documentation to support it's actions if they experience intervention by tribunal or otherwise.
Non Members: £2.49 Members: Free