- Enables the user to follow a recognised template
- Records expiry dates of all engineer qualifications
- Cells change colour from green to red when the qualification expires
- Education tables at the base highlight potential skills shortages
- The matrix also records skills and home working sector for work planners
- Automatic calculator of each category gauge's the skills and qualifications numbers of your entire workforce
- Enables a comparison between hourly rates paid and skills of each engineer
Who would use it?
- Line Manager
- Human Resources
- Commercial Manager
- Bid Manager
What is it?
The 'Engineer Skills & Quals Record' is an MS Excel worksheet that captures all engineers capable skill areas of work and the qualifications they possess.
When would you use it?
You would use the 'Engineer Skills & Quals Record' in every gas business when you have responsibility to oversee the skills mix and highlight when qualifications are due to expire. This is a favourite with company trainers and work planners.
Why would you use it?
You would use the 'Engineer Skills & Quals Record' to book training and assessment prior to expiry of qualifications. Bid managers also require constant access to this document to compile tenders with the mix of the workforce; this proves the company has the right skills and numbers to service the clients customer base correctly. Planning and allocation agents should be using a skills matrix to ensure that work planned is to engineers possessing the correct, in date qualifications, this matrix enables that. With the home sector also on the matrix the planning of the right engineer to the right job will be made simpler and result in the reduction of cancelled jobs.
Company's failing to use a manual or automated matrix usually end up sending the wrong person to jobs on a regular basis and it has been known that the unqualified person still carries out the job due to customer pressure. This simple matrix should stops this at the planning stage.
Non Members: £9.99 Members: Free