- Enables the user to follow a recognised template
- Permanent record of who has received a toolbox talk
- This form is particularly useful when dealing with sub-contractors on a temporary basis where swift knowledge transfers need to take place
- Protects the company from outside scrutiny if not in place e.g. HSE & Gas Safe
- Employees have to sign to confirm attendance
- The register can be transferred to a main matrix or left 'as is' dependant upon the company size and what you want to record
Who would use it?
- Lead engineer
- Line Manager
- Project Manager
- Quality Control Officer
When would you use it?
You would use the 'Toolbox Talk Register' whenever you carry out a briefing of this nature.
Why would you use it?
You would use the 'Toolbox Talk Register' to ensure you know who and who isn't in possession of the information being updated. You can prove that someone was in attendance and should therefore have the knowledge transferred within that briefing.
Toolbox talks have been a useful mechanism within the industry when used well. Recording attendance seems like overkill to some managers but it has been proved to save problems down the line, especially if you are uncertain what you have briefed and to who!
Non Members: £2.49 Members: Free